As members will be aware a number of seats on Council come due to be filled every year for the coming term commencing at the AGM. The notice in regard to the 6 vacancies that will arise for the term 2020-2022, together with an application form will be available on the website from Friday 4th October and also circulated with the December Journal.
The Council asks members who are considering applying for these vacancies by post to check their Journal for the documents. Applicants need to ensure their applications, either electronic or by post are received at the Institute office no later than 12 noon on Friday 17th January 2020. Any received after that closing date will not be admitted. If any member does not find the forms in their Journal they are requested to contact the Institute office.
If the number of nominations exceeds the seat available then an election will be called and applicants should be prepared to submit an election statement. Where the nominations will fill the available seats, the names of those deemed elected will be circulated to the membership prior to the AGM.
Those who are considering Council membership should appreciate that they will be entering into a commitment and it is expected that those who are council members will always;
- act within the Constitution and powers thereof.
- act to promote the aims of the institute and the best interests of the membership.
- exercise their independent judgement, reasonable care, skill and diligence in all dealings of the institute.
- avoid conflict of interest and disclose interest on proposed transactions or arrangements.
- render assistance to business areas of the Institute as required.
- be prepared to sit on panels etc convened to undertake the functions of the Council on matters within the Institute’s policies and procedures.
- subject to circumstances, attend the Annual General Meeting and the Council meetings held during their term(s) on Council.
- be prepared to commit the time necessary to undertake tasks they have agreed to undertake
For any further information or assistance, members are asked to contact the Institute office on 01785 594136.