Martin-Baker is the world’s leading manufacturer of ejection seats and related equipment.
It is the only company that can offer a fully integrated escape system that satisfies the very latest in pilot operational capability and safety standards. Martin-Baker offers a complete ‘end-to-end service’, from helping the customer to establish operational safety and escape requirements, including design, development and qualification, to on-going support throughout the entire service life of the aircraft.
A vacancy has arisen for a Pyrotechnic Inspector working in the Inspection department at the Chalgrove site. The purpose of the role is to undertake a variety of processes for product verification such that the efficiency and effectiveness of the Department is maintained at the highest level and in accordance with Company procedures & Objectives.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Utilise appropriate Tooling, Test Equipment and Process Specifications as indicated on Production Cards & ATP`s, QAI’s relevant to specific component batches such that work is undertaken according to requirements and so that:
- Processes are carried out in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Required quality standards are achieved.
- Health and safety regulations are always adhered to.
- Work is completed in accordance with required work schedules.
- Undertake self-inspection and quality check of work undertaken in accordance with laid down quality standards and procedures, & to assist in the successful implementation of ongoing process improvements.
- Accurately interpret component drawings / test procedures and relevant information so that Part Numbers, Drawing Issues, relevant ADR’s, Process Specification Call Up Box and Surface Finishes can be accurately identified and applied.
- Handle materials, goods, and components carefully and comply with safety regulations and handling/processing instructions so that:
- Components are not damaged through mishandling or faulty processing.
- Accidents do not occur through negligence or mishandling.
- Undertake regular operator maintenance of machine/tool parts, services (air etc.), media levels and general cleanliness of tooling and equipment.
- Undertake any other duties as required together with general housekeeping and cleaning duties such that the Inspection and associated areas are maintained in an efficient, clean and safe condition providing for a safe and efficient working environment.
8am – 4:45pm (Monday to Thursday)
8am – 12pm (Friday)
Education & Qualifications:
- Standard level of education – GCSE Grades A*-C
Specific / Technical Skill
- Can work under pressure to balance competing job priorities to agreed deadlines.
- General PC and SAP skills
- Technical reasoning skills i.e., to understand tolerances.
- General experience of using Inspection Tools and Equipment, gauges, verniers micrometers etc. and attention to detail.
- Solid data analysis skills
- Basic verbal communication skills
- Team player – with the ability to work independently.
- Self starter
- High degree of concentration skills.
- Attention to Detail – thorough, accurate and concern for all the areas involved.
- Drive to achieve results.
- Judgement and decision making – evaluates key decision-making criteria.
- Planning and organising – organises work of self and others.
- Analysis and problem solving.
- Working collaboratively – actively contributes to achieve organisational objectives.
- Ability to use technical and professional knowledge, skills, and judgment effectively.
- Initiative – acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked or required to do so.
- Valuing Diversity – creates an atmosphere of valuing and accepting others.
- Change – responds positively to change
Knowledge & Experience:
- General engineering inspector experience in a similar environment (aerospace, defence or automotive).
- Broad experience of reading and interpreting engineering drawings – 2D and 3D models.
- Basic grounding in H&S policies and procedures.
- Basic administration routines.
- Numeracy and geometry skills
All published adverts will be aligned with the Company’s Diversity and Inclusion commitment. All candidates will be treated equally and fairly, regardless of their background, or any characteristic protected by law. Candidates will be selected entirely on their skills and competencies and in alignment with each role’s specifications and / or requirements.
For all successful candidates, Martin-Baker will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.