HSE COMAH Manager
Glascoed, South Wales
HSE COMAH Manager
Job title: HSE COMAH Manager
Location: Glascoed, South Wales – we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £65,000+ (plus Car Allowance and Bonus) dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as the SQEP point of contact in respect of compliance with the COMAH Regulations and explosives safety, for existing processes and all new development activities
- Ensure effective support for high hazard, human factors and COMAH activities across Land (UK). Provide high hazard/COMAH guidance and leadership to SHE professionals working in the businesses
- Design and delivery of an effective SHE Management System, Assurance and Reporting programme in respect of high hazard. Monitoring performance and the effectiveness of implementation of policies.
- Design and execution of plans and processes to ensure that current and future SHE legislative and other compliance obligations relating to high hazard are understood and met across Land (UK).
- To lead the SHE Assurance process relating to high hazard for Land (UK), ensuring that assurance activities are targeted and effective, and resources are competent and used to best effect.
- Define and ensure the delivery of high hazard, process safety, human factors and COMAH training
Your skills and experiences:
- Have a degree in Safety & Health and/or hold a recognised equivalent Safety and Health Management qualification e.g. NEBOSH diploma, or qualified through experience
- Demonstrate theoretical and practical expertise in high hazard risk management and regulatory licensing
- Demonstrate theoretical and practical expertise in respect of COMAH
- Be prepared to travel extensively across the Land (UK) site portfolio
- Hold a recognised environmental qualification, such as the IEMA certificate
- Demonstrate the knowledge and experience to deliver high quality SHE training
- Experience with managing SHE improvement projects and stakeholder management across all levels within an organisation
- NEBOSH certification
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The HSE COMAH team:
As part of this role you will be a key contributor in the SHE team, with five direct reports, working on the development and execution of strategies and programmes relating to high hazard SHE compliance. With significant recent investment, the site at Glascoed, Newport, has exciting technology and capability projects with a high level focus on this role.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 26th June 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Safety & Assurance
GB-WLS-Monmouthshire, GB-WLS-Powys, GB-ENG-BST-Bristol, GB-WLS-Cardiff
26/Jun/23, 11:59:00 PM