£30,000 - £40,000
A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY FOR AN ENTHUSIASTIC AND COMMITTED INDIVIDUAL TO WORK IN A NEW AND DYNAMIC DEFENCE AND SECURITY COMPANY, THOR INDUSTRIES. THIS IS AN EXCITING TIME TO JOIN OUR COMPANY, WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPANDING HAVING SECURED CONTRACTS WORKING ON VARIOUS PROJECTS OF NATIONAL IMPORTANCE. THEREFORE, YOUR ROLE AS ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN WILL BE VARIED AND STIMULATING AND YOU WILL BE PIVOTAL IN THE SUCCESSFUL DELIVERY OF THESE PROJECTS. WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU ARE SELF-MOTIVATED WITH THE DRIVE AND DETERMINATION TO ACHIEVE TARGETS WHILST ENJOYING THE AUTONOMY TO DIRECTLY INFLUENCE YOUR OWN WORK AREAS.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A competent CNC Operator, able to machine small mechanical components from billet.
- Development of CAD designs to create fixtures, bespoke parts and test fixtures, preferably using Solid Works.
- A competent test engineer, responsible for running set test programmes with various types of testing equipment, ranging from environmental to mechanical.
- Act as the support technician on practical equipment testing tasks, preferably with knowledge of measurement instrumentation such as pressure sensors.
- Responsible for process maintenance, record keeping, capturing results and report writing
- Attend meetings as required by your line manager and senior management.
- To work within the team and share good practice.
- To take part in any CPD activities appropriate to the role.
- Support the development and implementation of initiatives and policies e.g. data security, health and safety.
- The postholder will be required to undertake any other professional duties as required by their line manager/company director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Educated to degree level, preferably BSC or BEng in a relevant discipline
- Desirable to have Incorporated Engineers or member of a professional institution i.e Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft Office
- Analytical focus and able to write reports/ present to board level
- Ability to operate a CNC machine
- Able to use common workshop tools
- Ability to follow instruction and work under strict Health and Safety protocols
- This is a practical and physically demanding role, there will be significant amounts of manual lifting, handling and working outdoors in all weathers, so applicants must have the physical capacity to undertake these tasks
- Full clean driving license
- Knowledge of HAAS and Solid Works
- Knowledge of Testing Standards, eg Defstan
- Knowledge of programming language, such as MATLAB or Python
- Knowledge of how to set up and instrument, practical system testing such as measuring acoustic and acceleration.
- Knowledge of simple electronics systems
- Reports to Head of Engineering
- Additional vetting checks will be necessary, including but not limited to police, security and DBS due to the nature of the work carried out.
- Will have to prove right to work in UK
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Therefore, there is the expectation that you carry out any other reasonable duties or requests of your line manager, that are in keeping with this post or as may be determined from time to time by the company director.