Design Engineer – Chemical
Glascoed, near Newport, Monmouthshire
Design Engineer – Chemical
Job title: Design Engineer – Chemical
Location: Glascoed, near Newport, Monmouthshire
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Innovative design, development, test, and manufacture of new energetic materials for propelling charges
- Hands on development from concept, modelling through to manufacture, testing and assessment for a variety of customers
- Development of new manufacturing techniques for energetic materials, including 3D printing and new mixing techniques
- Conducting and managing trials in a safe and suitable manner, from the trials planning stage to completion of the trial and presentation of the data
- Development and use of safe systems of working for Engineering tasks
- Interface with customers and suppliers, both internal and external, to ensure that development activities are completed to time and schedule
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Experience in the Chemical/Chemical Engineering industry
- Experience of hazard identification, risk assessment and mitigation in support of trial or test activities
- Proven ability to take ownership, prioritise and deliver objectives within development projects to ensure completion within agreed time-scales and to required standard
- Experience in the planning and conduct of evaluation trials
- A good understanding of project/risk management and the ability to use associated tools and techniques
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Design team:
You will be operating as part of a multi-disciplined propelling charge development team. No two days will be the same as you are actively involved in the development, design, and manufacture of charges for a number of new munitions products and maintaining performance of legacy products.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 26th June 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
28/Jun/23, 11:59:00 PM