DE&S Reliability Engineer
Ministry of Defence
DE&S Reliability Engineer
£43,400 - £47,000
We are Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S). We manage a vast range of projects to supply and maintain vital equipment and services for the Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force. Together, we deliver essential defence programmes – and strive for what’s next. Because it helps keep our military at the top of their game and our nation safe, now and in the future.
Across our 12,500-strong organisation, we support all our people to be at their very best, fostering a family-friendly approach to flexible and hybrid working. After all, support is in our name.
Do you have experience of working in a Reliability or Maintainability environment and would be fascinated by the chance to work on military platforms and systems? Are you passionate about the defence of the United Kingdom, with a good moral compass and drive to protect people? If so, we are actively recruiting Reliability Engineers to join either the Strategic Enablers or Land domain here at Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S).
You will become part of a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the field of Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) and Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM). These roles either fall under our Logistic Support Operating Centre (LSOC), which is part of the wider Strategic Enablers domain or our Land Equipment Operating Centre (LEOC).
As a Reliability Engineer, you will be working across a wide variety of high-profile projects involving anything from aircraft carriers to missiles. This multifaceted role will allow you to broaden your knowledge, develop your skills and make a difference to the UK’s Defence industry whilst supporting our Armed Forces.
You will have the opportunity to influence the dependability of MOD equipment and the approach taken to R&M practices. Development training will be provided relevant to the role once in post and further opportunities are available to learn and progress.
- Manage the delivery of Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) programmes and products for complex equipment
- Provide expert advice and guidance establishing R&M contracts (including leading expert help on the drafting of pre-qualification questions, and assessment criteria of invitation to negotiate and invitation to tender R&M elements)
- Manage and establish the R&M requirements, developing the initial R&M case and evaluating R&M demonstrations
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise support at Incident Sentencing Committees and R&M working groups/panels
- Lead on the development of the working process and procedures used within the organisation to ensure that R&M policy is adhered to
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- You will hold a minimum of a Level 4 (i.e., HNC) qualification in a relevant Engineering/Science discipline, or will demonstrate the equivalent level of experience
- Knowledge of applying reliability practices in an engineering environment
- Evidence of internal/external stakeholder management
- Demonstrable evidence of identifying and articulating technical risks
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Application of Analytical Techniques (Practitioner)
- Technical Decision Making (Practitioner)
- Communicating and influencing
- 25 days’ annual leave +1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27%
- Annual performance-based bonus and recognition awards
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications
- Support for progression
- Huge range of discounts
- Volunteering days
- Enhanced parental leave schemes
We believe in creating an inclusive environment where our people can grow, thrive, and be their authentic selves. We value diversity of thought and the ways in which it enriches our culture and our work. So whether you’re looking for a new opportunity, a next step, or a helping hand as you return from a career break, here you’ll find a supportive, family-friendly organisation to be a part of. And if you need any assistance with your application, just let us know.
For further information and to apply, please click here