Civil Design Engineer
Civil Design Engineer
£51,262 per annum depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop Planning applications, Building Regs, detailed design for highways/drainage/structures and construction drawings
- Produce drawing packages including design calculations for all stages of development to provide the most cost effective solution
- Land and Building surveying
- Provide structural design advice and expertise to construction projects
- Support the delivery team and Client to fulfil its designer’s responsibilities under CDM
- Checking compliance with Client specifications and current regulatory standards
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree/HNC/HND in Civil / Structural Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Excellent understanding of the 2015 CDM Regulations
- Practiced experience in construction design within the industrial sector (client or contractor biased)
- AutoCAD proficient
- An ability to design from first principles
- Member, or working towards membership in related Professional Engineering Institution
- Working in a defence related industry background
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Internal Civil Construction team:
You will be joining the internal civil construction team that has a growing portfolio of infrastructure development projects within the business, and you will be working collaboratively within a design and construct team to deliver the civil design for multiple projects ranging from £50k – £10m in value.
You will have the opportunity to progress your career through working on a diverse range of significant and complex development infrastructure projects (across all stages of development).
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 15 August 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
To apply, click on the link below: