Capability Deployment Engineer
Glascoed, Wales. Alternative locations: Radway Green / Washington
Capability Deployment Engineer
£51,262 per annum depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide Central Engineering Governance to domain areas as identified.
- Manage the process for Demand Forecasting and planning within Engineering.
- Provide capability expertise to teams across Engineering in the development of the Engineering strategy for tools, techniques, processes and learning & development/ functional SHE.
- Maintain the Utilisation metrics and optimisation activities on behalf of Engineering.
- Engage with external learning bodies to develop/embed core toolsets, techniques and learning.
- Accountable for raising overall level of SQEP within engineering
Your skills and experiences:
- HNC / HND or equivalent / higher in an Engineering discipline
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification in Safety, Health and the Environment.
- Working towards professional registration at Incorporated or Chartered with a Professional Institution
- Broad understanding of SHE across the lifecycle
- Broad experience of Life Cycle Management
- Ability to develop, monitor and improve robust processes
- Ability to develop, monitor and deliver the Engineering Training Plan
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Engineering Capability & Strategy Team:
Your role within this team is to coordinate Central Engineering activities to enable capability deployment, monitoring and reviewing Engineering activities to ensure that they are properly conducted. You are responsible for continuously improving people, business processes, tools and techniques within Munitions to enhance all aspects of Engineering performance.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 17 August 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
For more information, or to apply, click on this link: