The Sector Skills Strategy Group (SSSG) is made up of Institute Corporate Members, a collaborative group of organisations who provide strategic direction to sustain explosives skills.
‘To encourage a sustained & prosperous UK energetics sector, with recognised world class skills satisfying present and future business needs’
“In skills and safety we co-operate”
- Attracting & Retain Talent by promoting attractiveness of the sector
- Through the Early Career’s Focus Group, maintain a network of those early in their career within the UK Explosive Substance & Article (ESA) sector
- Raising & maintaining competence of our people. Strengthen the ESA Sector Skill Levels through the introduction of ESA training courses and facilitating applied secondments
- Sharing Expertise (Knowledge Management) and experience associated with ESA and safety. Sharing Lessons Learnt in safety
- Provide the collective voice of industry on ESA skills to government and the HSE