The Haulier Handbook has been published, alongside the ‘official’ launch of the 45+ Haulier Information and Advice Sites around the UK.
Staff at these sites will offer multi-lingual advice, training and support to hauliers to help prepare them for the end of the Transition period. From 1 January, pivot to providing Border Readiness checks from January.
- The Haulier Handbook is available on GOV.UK here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/transporting-goods-between-great-britain-and-the-eu-from-1-january-2021-guidance-for-hauliers
- The list of Information and Advice Site locations is here, which includes a downloadable map: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/haulier-advice-site-locations
- The press notice is here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/hauliers-get-border-ready-with-45-new-information-and-advice-sites
Please note that:-
- DfT Dangerous Goods Division is circulating this information in case you have not had sight of it through alternative means.
- The Haulier Handbook is not specific to dangerous goods but all goods intended for international transport
- Should you have any comments or questions, please direct them to the FERR Team within DfT – email@example.com