Call for Abstracts
Cranfield University at the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom at Shrivenham is hosting the 2016 Ordnance, Munitions and Explosives (OME) Symposium, on behalf of the Sector Skills Strategy Group (SSSG) of the explosives industry.
We have pleasure in inviting you to contribute by presenting a topic to complement those provided by invited speakers. The theme of the symposium will be “Technology Risk in Acquisition”. This will include the risks associated with the use of energetic materials in weapon systems. Topics of interest may include, but not exclusively:
- Emerging requirements of the three single services – the perspectives of the Front Line Commands.
- A Project Team perspective of the issues and challenges associated with the management of general munitions and complex weapon systems and their energetic materials.
- An international perspective on the challenges in bringing new munitions and energetic materials into service
- An industry perspective on practical solutions to problems associated with existing and new materials.
- A view from the research community on likely trends in the development of new energetic materials.
If you wish to submit an abstract on the topics listed above, or on a topic that you consider is also relevant to the overall theme, please email your abstract of around 200 words to email@example.com by Friday 27th May 2016. Papers should be planned to take 20 minutes to present, followed by 10 minutes for questions
Acceptance of papers will be notified at the beginning of July and authors will be eligible for a reduction in Registration Fees.
For further information, sponsorship, display opportunities and online registration
please visit www.symposiaatshrivenham.com