Providing structured and ongoing support for all members, IExpE was founded in 1974 to represent both individuals and companies using explosives as part of their work or trade.
Continuous Professional Development
Now affiliated to both The Engineering Council (UK) and the European Federation of Explosives Engineers, The Institute maintains the highest standards amongst members, sometimes requiring individual applicants to pass an examination to secure membership and by offering structured support to enhance members’ continued professional development. The Institute will also assign mentors to members to assist with professional registration through our affiliation with the Engineering Council (UK).
We place considerable emphasis on members maintaining and updating a Continued Professional Development (CPD) record and to help ensure this is updated effectively members can link to customised software provided by The Engineering Council. For those undertaking a route to one of three types of Professional Registration, IExpE will randomly sample members CPD records as a further commitment to ensuring we maintain high standards across the membership.
Features of Membership
Offers access to a live forum for discussions with professionals in over twenty different sectors within the explosives industry
Provides early notification of job opportunities in a variety of explosives industries
Education & Training
provides links to a diverse range of training and education courses available throughout the UK.
Online Resource Library
Members are able to access the following further Information from our online Resources Library:
- Training Centres providing courses relevant to the explosives industry
- Table of IExpE endorsed training courses
- Typical Career Roles
- Routes to Professional Accreditation
Benefits of Membership
- CPD events
- Annual Conference
- Quarterly Journal ‘Explosives Engineering’
- Route to Professional Registration with the Engineering Council
- Access to the members area of the IExpE website, where questions can be asked via the ‘Knowledgebase’
- IExpE Identification Card
- Ability to apply for a CSCS Card
- Training Centres providing accredited and endorsed courses
- Improved career prospects and wider employability
- Opportunities to share or test your ideas with others through publication of articles or presenting at conferences
- Jobs Board
- mycareerpath CPD recording login
- Access to members conferencing facility
Your Personal Data Secured
Members’ details are stored on a secure database and are not available on this website. Only the minimal information is required to use the site; your name, e-mail address and membership number.