Glascoed, South Wales
What you’ll be doing:
- Support Research and Development activities, provide support to the development of new product, and material analysis.
- Plan and design methods to improve efficiency and product quality by utilizing Continuous Improvement (CI) tools and working as a member of a cross functional team
- Ensuring operational compliance to legislatory standards e.g., ISO45001, ISO9001
- Work to improve equipment availability and capability, carry out OEE/OLE and process capability studies
- Support the site CI plan and manage identified business improvement projects
- Manage and support capital acquisition, engineering proposals, and provide estimated costs to achieve operational improvements and financial benefits
- Produce technical specifications for new/replacement equipment, carry out factory acceptance and installed article tests, and carry out trials and commissioning on process equipment
Your skills and experiences:
- Science / Engineering degree, HND, HNC, time-served apprenticeship or equivalent
- Experience working with robotic systems or Autonomous Guided Vehicles such as Fanuc, Yaskawa, ABB etc in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in an Energetics process environment is highly desirable, or relevant experience within a similar manufacturing environment, aerospace, automotive, or process industry, or chemical processing.
- Ability to produce clear and concise written process control documents i.e. Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Process Control Plans, (PCP), and work instructions
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Our Special Projects Team:
As a Manufacturing Engineer within Land UK, you will be working in a special project team supporting introduction of a new automated filling facility. There has been significant investment across the site and implementation of robotic systems. You will be working within a small team and liaising with various other functions across Land UK and also external stakeholders.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 27th July 2023.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.