HSE and Quality Lead
HSE and Quality Lead
What you’ll be doing:
· Implementing the Land UK SHE policy and supporting SHE & Quality Management Systems together with the deployment of the objectives and targets across Ridsdale
· Liaising and influencing key stakeholders to ensure that the strategic Quality & SHE objectives are being delivered across Ridsdale
· Preparing and delivering appropriate reports to illustrate Quality & SHE performance at Ridsdale to various stakeholders, including SLT level
· Responsibility for Quality & SHE assurance activities at Ridsdale, providing visibility of audit, corrective action and improvement planning / status in accordance with stakeholder requirements
· Providing assurance that the Ridsdale site is compliant with the BAE Systems Operational Framework and the Land UK ISO9001 / ISO 45001 (safety), ISO 14001 (environment) certification and ESOS compliance
· Deploying effective risk assessment and risk management processes across the site
· Deploying & auditing effective quality processes across the Ridsdale site
Your skills and experiences:
· NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
· Lead Auditor for ISO 9001, ISO45001, ISO14001 and ISO5001
· IOSH Managing Safely certificate
· Ability to lead and conduct SHE audits
· Familiar with leading Quality Process audits
· Experience of handling explosives
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Our Land UK Team:
As a HSE and Quality Lead you will be the primary point of contact for all SHE matters relating to the Ridsdale site, providing relevant, timely and competent SHE advice. You will be assessing and analysing the risk(s) associated with high hazard activities and explosive safety management. You will also be the primary point of contact for all Quality matters and reporting relating to the site.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 25th July 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.