Philip Smith at HSE has asked if any members have views on documents 33, 48, 52, 53 & 58 in those formal papers released by DfT for the forthcoming Session.
These documents relate to –
- Outline for a potential amended classification system for explosives in the Globally Harmonised System (GHS),
- Extension of the default fireworks classification table for classification of Articles, pyrotechnic UN0431,
- Determination of electrostatic sensitiveness discharge (ESD) using the Allegany Ballistics Laboratory (ABL) ESD machine,
- A method for transporting controlled shipments of explosives that are not yet classified (less than 25 grams)
- New UN entries for electronic detonators.
There are at the moment 3 informal papers of interest these are long running changes to the Manual in terms of application to GHS which could add up to about 200 pages.
In order to allow him some time to draft a UK perspective for the DFT briefing meeting on the 14th June, if any member has comments in relation to these documents can they please send their response to Phil Smith by no later than the close of play on the 11th June please. Phil can be contacted at – Philip.Smith@hse.gov.uk.
As previously advised, the formal papers are found at: http://www.unece.org/trans/main/dgdb/dgsubc3/c32018.html and for the informal papers at: http://www.unece.org/trans/main/dgdb/dgsubc3/c3inf53.html.
Legal & Compliance